Welcome to the Foothills REALTOR® Association of North Carolina. One of the most important decisions you will make in your real estate career is to join your local Board. We connect you with the tools you need to succeed.
- Broaden your network of brokers and service providers
- Offer a local MLS system
- Advocate for public policy initiatives that impact business in your community and service industry
- Expand your knowledge through educational programs and offerings
To join FRANC, you must be:
- licensed to practice real estate in NC
- affiliated with a real estate firm that is a member of FRANC
- submit proof of affiliation from your broker-in-charge
- provide a "letter in good standing" if transferring from another association stating your national and state dues are paid and current
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
- REALTOR®: Has a North Carolina Real Estate License and is a member of the NAR and NCAR.
- REALTOR®/BIC/DR: Has a North Carolina Broker in Charge Real Estate License. This member is a REALTOR® who is in charge of or owns a real estate company.
- Property Management REALTOR® or Broker in Charge: Works in an office that is licensed to handle vacation/short/long-term, and seasonal home and/or office rentals.
- REALTOR® Appraiser: A REALTOR® or Broker in Charge in an office that is licensed to do home appraisals.
- Secondary REALTOR® Member: A REALTOR® or Broker in Charge whose primary membership is with another Association—either in North Carolina or another state
- Business Partner/ Affiliate – A local business, usually involved in real estate industry
New REALTOR® and Appraiser members of FRANC must complete the New Member Orientation and Code of Ethics within 60 days of applying for membership.
The cost to join FRANC as a REALTOR® member is the lowest price in the region at just $148/year. REALTOR® members are also required to join the state and national association. Refer to the membership application for detailed costs. Please note dues are not refundable unless your membership is rejected by the Board of Directors.
NOTE: Primary members pay state and national dues through FRANC. Secondary members pay only local dues to FRANC and pay state and national dues to their primary association. IF primary membership is with a South Carolina Association, you must also pay NC state dues through FRANC.
New members pay dues to FRANC directly. During the annual renewal system, dues are collected through NAR's e-commerce system.